The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6 reports the following conditions and/or operations for highways in District Six. Motorists should be aware of possible delays or lane closures on the following projects:
KENTON COUNTY, KENTUCKY – HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO
• Brent Spence Bridge – I-71/75 Southbound/Northbound (191.3 – 191.8 mile-marker) – A routine maintenance project to clean and paint the Brent Spence Bridge is underway. The project will require various lane closures on both the north and southbound decks of the bridge, as well as the closure of several ramps that provide access to the bridge.
New Traffic Pattern for I-71/75 Northbound
• The far left lane on I-71/75 northbound will be open for drivers wishing to access I-75 northbound in Ohio.
• The far right lane on I-71/75 northbound will be open for drivers wishing to access I-71 northbound in Ohio.
• The two center lanes will be CLOSED. Changing lanes on the bridge will not be possible. If you are in the left lane, you will proceed to I-75; if you are in the right lane, you will proceed to I-71.
This traffic pattern is expected to remain in place through Sunday, Aug. 29, weather permitting.
No changes are planned for the southbound travel lanes. The two right (westernmost) lanes of travel on I-71/75 southbound are open; the two left (easternmost) lanes of travel are closed.
Drivers are encouraged to plan their drive, and when possible, use alternate routes to get around the bridge. The project is expected to be complete by Nov. 15.
For updates and detours, please go to BrentSpenceBridgeInfo.org
• KY 3159 (Ted Bushelman Blvd.) 0 – 0.6 mile-marker – A widening and road improvement project on KY 3159 (Ted Bushelman Blvd.) is in progress. Motorists should be alert in the work zone.
• U.S. 42 Bridge (13.9 mile-marker) over I-71/75 (180 mile-marker) – A project is in progress that will add a new westbound lane and pedestrian sidewalk will begin. A project is in progress that will add a new westbound lane and pedestrian sidewalk will begin. The traffic pattern for the first phase of work has been set.
Monday, Aug. 2 – Wednesday, Sept. 15, weather permitting:
Beginning Monday, Aug. 2, the ramp from US 42 eastbound to I-71/75 northbound will be CLOSED. The ramp closure is expected to be put into place early Monday morning at approximately 2 a.m.
The ramp will remain closed until Wednesday, Sept. 15, weather permitting. The closure is needed so that crews can safely work on the expansion of the WB 42 bridge over I-75/71.
A detour route using US 42 and KY 1017 (Turfway Rd.) will be put into place and marked with signage. Drivers will be able to access I-71/75 northbound via KY 1017 (Turfway Rd.).
This closure is needed so that crews can continue work on the US 42 Safety Improvements project, specifically on the bridge that carries westbound traffic over I-71/75.
• KY 20 (Petersburg Road) 11.4 – 14.2 mile-marker – Work is near completion on a safety improvement project on KY 20 from west of KY 228 to Watts/Graves Road. Motorists should watch for crews, equipment, and lane closures.
• I-75 SB (183 – 178 mile-marker) – There are no lane closures or impacts to traffic as a result of our work in the area. Please drive safely. An interstate rehabilitation project is nearing completion between US 42 to KY 536 (Mt. Zion Road).
• KY 237 (Pleasant Valley Road) – A project is in progress on Pleasant Valley Road between Valley View Drive and Rogers Lane. The roadway is being widened and re-aligned and includes the construction of a bridge and roundabout. Traffic is on the new alignment from just north of Oakbrook Road/Carters Mill Lane to Rogers Lane to allow for the next phase of construction. The new traffic pattern will keep one lane open in each direction on KY 237 and Camp Ernst Road. All traffic will utilize the new roundabout intersection of KY 237 and Camp Ernst Road. This traffic pattern is expected to remain in place through project completion, which is expected by summer 2021.
Ongoing traffic impacts:
The intersection of Pleasant Valley Rd. (KY 237) and Thunder Ridge Dr. remains closed. Residential traffic will not be able to access Pleasant Valley Rd. from Thunder Ridge Dr., and traffic on Pleasant Valley Rd. will not be able to access Thunder Ridge Dr. The intersection is expected to remain closed until this area is complete.
• KY 536 (Mt Zion Road) Double Crossover Diamond (DCD) interchange – Construction is in progress between Tiburon Drive and US 25 (Dixie Highway). The new single-lane roundabout at the intersection of Sherwood Lakes Dr. and the Biltmore Connector is now OPEN. The new connection that runs from Biltmore Blvd. to Investment Way also is open. As a reminder, traffic wishing to enter the roundabout should always yield to traffic already circling the roundabout.
Monday, July 19 – Friday,…